Tuesday, February 21, 2012

About Me

So, today in school I had my private tutoring lesson with a student named Kelly. She is a very smart 6th grade girl and we have wonderful converstations with one another. Today's topic that she had to research was "Favorite Movies" and "Used to..." Every class I give her two topics that she must research for homework, she comes into class and we discuss the topics together. It is great because I get to learn a lot about her and about Korea. And she gets experience having conversations with an English speaker.

I always get SUPER excited when a student talks about a movie I have actually seen because we get to have a real discussion on the topic. Well, her favorite movie was 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' (the new one with Johnny Depp.) So we discussed the movie and wrote on the board the plot, what happens to each child, and what happens in the end of the story. Her favorite part was when Charlie and his family moved into Willy Wonkas factory. It was evident by the fact she could explain the majority of the movie that it is a movie she has seen several times!!!

I then got to share with her one of my favorite movies of all time. 'The Notebook' <3 This is my favorite movie ever!!! As I was explaining to her (in the PG) version of what happened she was getting extremely excited, with "oh no's" and "why." You could see the true disappointment on her face when I told her that Allie and Lon get engaged. She was like "no teacher." I thought I was doing and excellent job at explaining the movie to her and she seemed so excited about it. So, I wanted to talk about this movie today.

"Well that's what we do, we fight. You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing. So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day."

This is my favorite part of the whole movie. That quote above. I just feel like this story is the epitime of true love. That someone would love you so much that even though you don't remember them they will always stay with you. I always hoped when I was younger watching this movie that I would find my Noah. And it is save to say I have <3 It makes me so happy to know that I have true love <3

All I can say is that although this love has been hard at times and we've had to work at it. Work on ourselves as people, and on ourselves as a couple. But, we have gotten to a really good place in our relationship. I had someone tell me this weekend "I miss the old Stephanie, the crazy, wild, extremely fun Stephanie." And I said, "but there isn't anything wrong with this Stephanie."

And you know what I'm realizing. That is incredibly true. I said, this Stephanie is married, has an amazing husband, a good job, is doing something she always dreamed of doing and is extremely happy. Maybe I am different now, but that isn't a bad thing. I'm incredibly happy with the person I have become. And this person said "you've grown up a lot." And I said "yes, I have." And it's a good thing too!!!

I know there are people out there who don't think it's a good thing and wish I was still the "crazy" Stephanie I used to be. But, what i've realized is that person was always just trying to be like other people and to make other people like me. I've made all these new changes for myself and for no one else. Although this last weekend was a little rough, it was worth it. I learned a lot about myself and what I want in my life. And that it's okay!!!

So, for anyone out there who misses the old Stephanie. I just ask that you try and get to know the new one. Because, I think she is pretty awesome.

That's all. I know this is all over the place, but that is how my thoughts normally come out. Good night all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment