Thursday, September 22, 2011

I still can't believe i'm here...

I still can't believe I'm here. A little under a month ago I arrived in South Korea. August 27th, 2011. I said good-bye to families and my dogs (:-/ how I miss them) and jumped on a plane with Cody to travel across the world to move to a new place. I went through all the steps, got all of the proper documents needed, applied through a recruiting office for a job, got the background check, found someone who would hire me, and made all the necessary arraignments to come to this country. It wasn't until the first night that I was sitting in my apartment in these new strange surroundings (without my dogs) that I thought, "what the hell have I done?"

So what did I do? I cried for a while, called my best friend (luckily I went through this amazing company "the arrival store" who was able to set me up with a phone upon arrival) who told me to go to bed, get some sleep and wake up in the morning refreshed. So that is what I did. Woke up at 3 am in tears and made Cody put in a movie. We talked and he told me if within the first month I still didn't like it we could go home. Well needless to say that has YET to happen. 

That next day my BEST FRIEND came and visited me. Helped me get around my new city and I felt so much better. I have come to LOVE living here!!! The children at my school are amazing, the city I live in has the most wonderful park, and I just moved into a new apartment that is SOOOOO very nice <3 


                                                       The pavilion in my park <3




                                 Re-united and so happy <3




South Korea has so many amazing things and I have only yet to explore. I honestly can not wait to see what this place has in store for me. But, I can say I think it is going to change me inside and out. It took everything I had to actually follow through on my dreams and I'm so proud of myself for doing so. Now I get to spend an entire year with my amazing husband and my best friend <3

No comments:

Post a Comment